Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lunar New Year Day #1

Well, my school is off for three days due to Lunar New Year.  I thought this would be a great time for me to work on a few sewing projects from my "to do" list.  My sisters are both going on a cruise in about a month.  I thought it would be fun to send them something they could take with them (sure wish I could send myself!)  So today I made a passport cover.




I've made one of these before for myself out of some linen that I had (I'll try to post a pic of mine later).  It's a pretty easy pattern out of one of my Korean sewing books.  I would link the book, but I don't know what it's called.  The Korean sewing world is currently obsessed with linen.  There are many books out right now that are just for sewing with linen.  Luckily they have great pictures so I can follow along without needing to read the directions.  There have only been a few mishaps.  Below is a picture of the cover of the book, the pattern page and the directions so you can see what I've been working with.





This book has some great purse patterns in it.  I can't wait to try some of them out.  There is also one for house shoes.  I'm just worried that they will be too small.  Korean women tent to have MUCH smaller feet than most western women.  I may have to make a sample pair tomorrow and see how they work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment